Deep fried crispy prawns in creamy spicy chili sauce
We were so happy to partner with @susan.allaboutthecurry and share this cracker recipe of a prawn appetizer. It has a few ingredients but believe me it’s super tasty and very easy!
For the prawns marination:
1. Prawns- 250 grams, deveined & de shelled with tails on
2. Ginger and garlic paste- 1 tbsp
3. Salt and pepper- 1/2 tsp each
For the dredging:
1. All purpose flour- 1/2 cup
2. Corn/potato starch-1/4 cup
3. Smoked Paprika- 1 tsp
4. Red chili powder- 1 tsp
5. Salt- 1 tsp
Oil- enough to deep fry
1. Mayonnaise- roughly 1 cup (I used homemade)
2. Chili sauce- 2-3 tbsp FireCandy Curry
3. Garlic powder- 1 tsp
4. Soy sauce- 1 tsp
5. Honey- 1 tsp (or to taste)
6. Tomato ketchup- 1 tbsp
7. Scallions- 4, chop only the greens
8. Salt and fresh ground pepper- to taste
9. Toasted sesame seeds- to sprinkle
1. Marinate the prawns with all the ingredients under ‘prawns marination’ for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl mix all the ingredients under ‘dredging’ and carefully tip tails of all the prawns and coat well. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile on medium heat, heat oil in a deep sauce pan. Once the oil is hot (not smoking) carefully tip in the coated prawns. Fry for 2 mins or till they are crispy golden brown. Set aside.
4. Mix all the ingredients under ‘sauce’ and slather on all the fried prawns. Garnish with more green scallions and white and black toasted sesame seeds. Decorate in cocktail glasses with salad leaves or on a beautiful serving dish. Enjoy!