This delicious beef bowl is ready in around 20 minutes, and can also be made with chicken or pork. This version is made with ground beef, great with white rice and veggies!
1 shallot, diced
2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tbsp Bragg's aminos or soy sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
4 cups cooked Basmati rice
6 cups greens of choice (chopped romaine, arugula, spinach, etc.)
1/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp of your favorite Maritime Madness hot sauce
- Start by cooking the rice, time it so you can serve hot!
- Dice the shallot and grate the ginger.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add sesame oil. Once hot, add in ground beef. Break the beef up into small bits.
- Add the shallot, ginger, red pepper, 5 spice, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix with the beef. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned.
- Add the Bragg's and fish sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the mayo and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve beef in a bowl over a bed of greens with rice. Top with sauce, and dig in!